FanDuel Sportsbook offers legal online and in-person betting across much of the United States.
With national name-brand recognition due to its previous operations as one of the country’s largest daily fantasy providers, FanDuel Sportsbook was well-positioned to capitalize after the Supreme Court overturned the feral sports betting prohibition.
Today, FanDuel operates mobile betting apps and retail sportsbooks in most states that have legalized sports betting.
In this FanDuel review, we will take a deep dive into the business model, promotional offers, and more to give readers a complete picture of what it’s like to bet with FanDuel Sportsbook. As always, our aim today is to provide a FanDuel Sportsbook review that is straightforward and unbiased.
- Established: 2009
- Licensed and operational in: CO, IA, IL, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA, WV
- Retail sportsbooks only in: MS, NY
- Welcome bonus: Risk-free first bet worth up to $1,000
- Bonus code: None needed
- Deposit methods: Credit card, debit card, Play+, PayPal, ACH/eCheck, cash at the casino, PayNearMe, wire transfer
- Withdrawal methods: ACH/eCheck, Play+, PayPal, paper check by mail, cash at the casino
FanDuel Bonus and Promotions
FanDuel Sportsbook offers a standard welcome bonus for new users plus an ongoing lineup of regularly changing promotions for everyone else.
New Customers: Risk-Free First Bet Worth up to $1,000
New FanDuel customers qualify for a risk-free first bet by signing up for an account, making a deposit, and placing a wager. If your first wager loses, FanDuel will refund it with a free bet of an equal amount for up to $1,000 back.
The FanDuel bonus is one of the better offers on the market because it comes without complicated wagering requirements. Site credit received as a part of this offer cannot be withdrawn, but any winnings obtained by wagering the bonus are immediately withdrawable.
Customers have 14 days to use the bonus funds. FanDuel will automatically remove any unused bonus funds from your account after 14 days.
Other Ongoing Promos
FanDuel introduced new, short-term promos regularly in line with the sports calendar and major events.
Common FanDuel promotional themes include:
- Odds Boosts: FanDuel regularly enhances the payout odds on select markets to give customers extra value for betting on those events. For example, an even with odds of +195 may be boosted to +250 for a day. Look for the “Odds Boosts” tab in the main sportsbook area.
- Close Loss Insurance: These promos offer a site credit refund on select wagers if your team comes close to winning but falls just a little short.
- Win Bonus: Place a wager on your team and earn site credit for every point, touchdown, goal, etc. by which your team wins.
- Bad Beat Insurance: If your team is winning at the half, third quarter, or some other similar metric but goes on to lose the game, FanDuel will refund your wager with site credit.
- High Scoring Insurance: If your team scored at least X points (a recent example being 75 points in a college basketball game) but still loses, your original wager will be refunded with site credit.
- Parlay Insurance: Place a 5+ leg parlay and get a refund if your parlay loses by just one leg.
- Cash Giveaway Drawings: FanDuel also hosts the occasional cash giveaway, with customers earning entries by placing wagers or entering fantasy contests
If you refer a friend to FanDuel Sportsbook, you and your friend will receive $50 in site credit within 72 hours of qualifying.
Earning free bets with the FanDuel refer-a-friend program is easy:
- Login to the FanDuel app and select the “Refer” icon from the bottom nav menu to receive your personal referral link
- Send the link to your friend(s) to get started
- If your friend uses your link to sign up for an account and places a first wager of at least $10 within 28 days of signing up, you both receive $50 in site credit
- You can refer up to 10 friends in total for up to $500 in site credit
FanDuel Sports Betting Review
FanDuel operates an excellent sportsbook in most regards. Positive points include comprehensive coverage of the world’s sports leagues and major events, a clean betting interface, a lot of variety in bet types, and embedded live streaming video.
For most bettors, FanDuel is a solid all-around sportsbook. One area in which there is room for improvement is access to pregame betting statistics. Some of FanDuel’s competitors are miles ahead in this aspect, with detailed betting previews and access to advanced data analytics. FanDuel’s pregame betting stats are very basic by comparison.
If we compare FanDuel vs. DraftKings, each sportsbook has certain advantages over the other. Both are quality sportsbooks, but several key differences stand out:
- FanDuel offers a significantly better interface than DraftKings
- DraftKings offers more betting features such as highly detailed stats
- Most bettors appear to favor DraftKings’ promotions over FanDuel’s
- FanDuel’s customer support almost always receives better reviews than DraftKings’
Live Streaming Sports Video
FanDuel provides live streaming video for a growing variety of sports and leagues, allowing customers to watch in real-time at FanDuel.com or through the mobile app while betting.
A handful of sportsbooks offer live streaming video today, but FanDuel currently has the widest variety of events and access to more high-level leagues than any other sportsbook.
Today, FanDuel customers who have an active account with a balance greater than $0 can log in to watch select NHL games, the Australian Open, ATP and WTA events, other tennis events, table tennis, international soccer and hockey leagues, and more.
Same Game Parlays
FanDuel offers same-game parlays for select wagers, which are denoted throughout the sportsbook with the small “SGP” icon.
Most established online sportsbooks offer same game parlays today, but FanDuel was the first to introduce the concept. At FanDuel, building a same game parlay is as simple as visiting the game page of the event you wish to bet on, adding two or more wagers to the betting slip, and choosing an amount to wager.
FanDuel’s same game parlays are not a complete free-for-all. There are still some restricted combinations, but the betting slip will let you know ahead of time if two or more selections are incompatible. When viewing a game’s betting page, look for the SGP icon next to any category of wagers for selections that can be combined into a single-game parlay.
Pregame Betting Stats and Info
Bettors can visit any game’s betting page to view a variety of pregame stats.
The information presented here is helpful, but it is limited in scope compared to the advanced data some other sportsbooks provide. Additionally, FanDuel only provides these stats to customers logged in to the mobile app – users logged in to the desktop website cannot view these stats.
Bettors can swipe left and right to view six categories of pregame info:
- Date and time: Shows the game date, time it begins, and minutes/hours until it starts
- Overview: Location, venue, venue capacity, each team’s head coach
- Team form: Each team’s record over the last ten games, plus win/loss listings for each team’s last five
- Standings: Each team’s season record and their conference/division rankings
- Offense/Defense: Average points scored and allowed for each team
- Season scoring stats: Shows each team’s main scoring stats, such as free throw, two-point, and three-point percentages for each team in an NBA game
FanDuel Odds Review
FanDuel odds pricing is a little better than the industry average. Bettors will most often find 20-cent lines on FanDuel’s point spreads, but it is not uncommon for FanDuel to offer the best spread, such as -2 for a betting favorite that almost every other book has priced at -2.5.
For moneyline pricing, FanDuel is more consistently in line with the average. There are times when FanDuel offers the best moneyline on a game, but it is hit-or-miss.
Below are the moneyline prices offered by FanDuel for three NBA games chosen at random compared to two other sportsbooks.
|Game||FanDuel Odds||BetMGM Odds||DraftKings Odds|
Sports Covered and Types of Wagers Offered
FanDuel Sportsbook accepts wagers on a wide array of sports leagues and events, covering everything from professional and college leagues here in the US to Japanese J League 2 soccer.
Bettors will see for themselves the full extent of FanDuel’s markets when visiting the betting page of any specific event. Check out an NFL game, for example, and you will find moneylines, point spreads, totals, alternate totals, first touchdown scorer, player props, team props, first-quarter lines, winning margin wagers, and much more. Most games also feature a tab dedicated entirely to buying and selling points.
FanDuel matches or exceeds every other book on the market today in terms of betting options and markets. Whether you’re into college hoops or Bosnian soccer, FanDuel has you covered. Variety is easily one of FanDuel’s key competitive advantages.
- Australian Rules
- Ice Hockey
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
- Winter Sports
Sports Betting Interface
FanDuel organizes its sportsbook intelligently, with a tabbed system for each game that allows users to switch between different categories of bets, a simple homepage that aids in navigation, and various betting features embedded into the interface.
The desktop and FanDuel app look and function much the same aside from differences in screen sizing, but it is clear the development team focuses more of its attention on the mobile experience.
Some features either work better on the mobile app or are exclusive to the app. For example, the betting app offers embedded pregame stats for every game, while the desktop website does not.
Overall, the FanDuel interface is one of the best in the industry. Whoever is in charge of interface design has done an excellent job balancing providing convenient access to features, promotions, and information without crowding the interface.
FanDuel Mobile App
FanDuel offers mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. On all devices, the easiest way to get started is to visit FanDuel.com for links to download the latest version of the official app.
The best words to describe the FanDuel app are “intuitive” and “efficient.” The homepage gets users oriented quickly, displaying the day’s most popular betting markets, important upcoming games, what’s live right now, current promotions, and the latest odds boosts.
The iOS and Android apps both provide full functionality, complete with access to live streaming video. The FanDuel app covers every league and offers every type of wager offered by the full desktop website, plus more.
Users can view all betting markets for a single game by tapping either team’s name on the homepage. Doing so takes bettors to that game’s betting page, where users can browse all wagers for that event, organized by category. Tapping the odds next to any bet adds that selection to the betting slip, where users can input the amount to wager or combine it with other wagers to build custom parlays.
Performance-wise, FanDuel functions better than most other betting apps. Other mainstream sportsbooks offer similar sets of features and betting markets, but FanDuel’s app is noticeably faster.
Whereas other mobile apps tend to freeze for a second when navigating from one screen to the next, FanDuel transitions from one screen to the next at a fast clip. This may sound like a minor advantage, but it is very nice not to have to deal with random pauses that lead to mis-taps and frustration.
In-Play Betting Review
The FanDuel in-play betting platform covers several dozen live events every day, many with streaming video. In-play coverage includes all major US sports, college events, and international games from many different leagues.
A visit to the “live” tab on the FanDuel website or mobile app will display a list of all ongoing in-play events organized by sport. FanDuel also provides a “watch live” tab that users can visit to see all events with streaming video available.
In-play market depth varies, with mainstream US sports covered in extreme detail while smaller, international sports tend to stick to the most basic types of wagers.
FanDuel covers some games with live video, others with visual graphic displays that show key events in real-time, and some with simple scoring updates.
In-Play Betting Screenshots
FanDuel Deposit Methods
FanDuel Sportsbook accepts the following deposit methods, but availability varies by state according to local regulations. Log in to your sportsbook account and visit the cashier’s area to see a complete list of deposit methods in your state.
- Credit and debit card: Visa, Mastercard, and Discover accepted, but some banks may automatically block transactions to gambling sites. If you have problems funding your FanDuel account with a credit or debit card, you can try a different card or another deposit method
- Play+ prepaid card: FanDuel-branded prepaid card that you can fund instantly online for same-day deposits. FanDuel will also mail a physical card to your address that you can use to withdraw funds at ATMs and make purchases anywhere Discover is accepted
- PayPal: FanDuel accepts PayPal deposits if your PayPal account is linked to your checking account
- ACH/eCheck: Send money from your bank account to your FanDuel account – have your account and routing numbers ready
- Cash: Customers in some states can visit a FanDuel-affiliated casino in-person to make cash deposits and withdrawals
- PayNearMe: Pay with cash at your local 7-Eleven, CVS, or Family Dollar
- Wire Transfer: Bank-to-bank wire – FanDuel will reimburse any bank fees for deposits greater than $100
Customers may request withdrawals via ACH/eCheck, paper check, Play+ card, PayPal, and cash at some casinos.
FanDuel Horse Racing Betting
FanDuel offers online horse racing betting at Racing.FanDuel.com and through a standalone mobile app for iOS/Android apps.
The FanDuel Racing platform operates independently from the sportsbook, offering parimutuel wagering for more than 150 tracks in the US and abroad.
Any wagers placed through FanDuel Racing are comingled with bets taken at each hose track to support local racing industries and ensure customers receive true track payouts.
If you already have a FanDuel Sportsbook or DFS account, you can log in to FanDuel Racing using the same username and password credentials.
FanDuel Racing is only available to customers in select states: AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, IL, IN, KY, MD, MA, MI, ND, NH, NM, NY, OH, OR, RI, SD, VT, WV, WY
FanDuel Racing accepts deposits via credit card, debit card, eCheck, PayPal, wire transfer, Green Dot MoneyPak, PayNearMe, and check or money orders by mail.
FanDuel Racing Bonus
FanDuel Racing offers a 100% first deposit bonus to new customers. If you sign up for a racing account and make a first deposit of $10 or more within 15 days of registering, FanDuel will match it with up to $50 in site credit.
New customers must use the bonus within 30 days of receipt. FanDuel will automatically remove any unused portion of the bonus after 30 days.
FanDuel Horse Racing App
The FanDuel horse racing betting app is newbie-friendly, with labels placed throughout the interface that provide quick answers to questions bettors may have.
For example, imagine a bettor unfamiliar with coupling, which is when two horses are paired for betting purposes if they belong to a single trainer/owner. If the bettor tries to select one half of a coupled pair and can’t figure out why the other horse is also being chosen automatically, they can simply tap the “coupled” label for a quick explainer.
Small touches like that make the FanDuel Racing app more accessible to new horse racing bettors than most apps.
Placing wagers with the FanDuel Racing app is intuitive as well. Bettors can select a track to view the race card, see horse information, and make selections. A tabbed system at the top of each race card allows users to switch between various categories of wagers such as win, place, show, trifecta, etc.
Customers can easily box and wheel horses by adding as many selections as they want to any type of wager, including options to pick horses for the “all” finishing position. For example, building a three-horse trifecta box is as simple as tapping the “all” option under three horses.
The FanDuel racing app also offers live streaming horse racing video plus daily predictions and data straight from numberFire.
FanDuel Racing Screenshots
FanDuel’s customer support team frequently receives positive reviews from customers, but contact methods are limited to live chat and e-mail.
Selecting “contact us” from the FanDuel app or website redirects users to a self-help guide. The self-help guide is helpful, but it is annoying to select an item labeled “contact us” only to be redirected to an FAQ page.
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for on the self-help guide, you can submit a support ticket to initiate an e-mail conversation or choose the “support” widget at the bottom of the page to start a live chat session with a FanDuel rep.