TVG is a licensed and legal horse racing betting site that offers real money wagering in the USA covering more than 150 tracks across the country and abroad. Horse racing fans can visit TVG.com to bet online or download the official app to bet on horse and greyhound races while on the go.
Wagers placed online through TVG are comingled with tracks to give players a true parimutuel horse wagering experience. Customers are paid at true track odds and all the same wagers that are offered at each track are also offered online through TVG.
TVG was established in 1993 and originally launched as a horse racing TV channel called the TVG Network, which offers live horse racing coverage and commentary to this day.
International gaming giant Flutter Entertainment purchased TVG in 2008 and now operates it alongside other US-legal betting sites FanDuel and Betfair US.
- Types of Gambling Offered: Horse and greyhound racing betting
- Established: 1993
- Deposit and withdrawal methods: Debit Card, Credit Card, BetCash, Wire Transfer, Green Dot MoneyPaK, PayNearMe, PayPal, Prepaid Card, Vanilla MasterCard Gift Card, In-Person, and Money Order/Check.
Horse Racing Betting at TVG.com
TVG offers its users safe, regulated, legal, and licensed horse race betting for US-based customers.
More than 150 major tracks are covered by TVG, including but not limited to Del Mar Thoroughbred Club, Santa Anita Park Monmouth Park, Gulfstream Park and Churchill Downs. In addition to racing betting, TVG.com offers live racing video so customers can watch the action unfold in real time.
The TVG website itself features a simple interface that lists popular tracks, upcoming races and the largest betting pools of the day on the home screen so customers can jump straight in. Selecting any individual track brings up a list of races for the day, and selecting any race brings up the betting odds, racecard, track conditions and other information needed to make strategic picks.
TVG Racebook Wager Types
The TVG website and mobile app offers the same types of wagers that are offered by each partner track.
Generally, this includes standard wagers such as win, place and show, the various exotics and pick 6 variants along with any specialty wagers offered by individual tracks such as:
- Meadowlands Survivor Wager: Fans pick the winners of the first 10 races on the program. Winning tickets of each race advance to the next race while all others are eliminated over each round until all but one survivor have been eliminated or all 10 races have completed. The winner(s) keep the entire prize pool minus a 15% takeout.
- Stronach 5: This wager is a Pick 5 which is available for Stronach Group tracks only.
- Fortune 6: The Fortune 6 is a play on the standard pick 6 wager but only pays when there is a single winning ticket. If there are multiple winning tickets, the winners receive a consolation prize, but the prize pool carries over to the next day until exactly one person wins it all.
- Jockey 7: This wager allows customers to place win, place, show, exacta and trifecta wagers on the performances of individual jockeys rather than horses for a day of racing. Results are based on a points system for top-four finishes with a win good for 25 points, second place finish for 12 points, third place finish for 9 points and fourth-place finish for 5 points.
TVG also runs its own free-to-play $100K Super 8 contest every week that allows customers to make one selection in each of eight races from around the country for a chance to win up to $100,000. Prizes are paid for winning selections as follows:
- 8 correct picks: $100,000
- 7 correct picks: $8,000
- 6 correct picks: $5,000
- 5 correct picks: $3,000
TVG Horse Racing Bonuses and Promotions
TVG is a promotion-heavy betting site with new customer promotions welcoming all newbies and ongoing promos to reward loyal horseplayers. These offers range from getting cash in return for signing up to enhanced payouts on select wagers.
Welcome Bonus: $20 Free + 100% up to $100 Deposit Bonus
Use the promo code WELCOME20 when signing up for an account to get an extra $20 in wagering credits just for signing up plus a first-time deposit bonus worth up to $100.
The $20 no-deposit bonus is offered with no strings attached and may be used to place wagers through TVG immediately. If you make a deposit within 15 days of signing up for an account, TVG will also give you a 100% deposit bonus worth up to $100.
Both bonuses are given as site credit and may not be withdrawn, but anything you win by wagering either bonus is yours to keep. This bonus is particularly attracted compared to others offered by competing betting sites in that it comes with no wagering requirements. Anything you win by wagering the bonus can be withdrawn at any time.
The promotions don’t come to an end once TVG has you as a customer. New promotions for existing customers are launched on a regular basis and take the form of free bets, free entry to special contests, enhanced payouts and more.
Some examples of recent promos are listed below, but note the lineup is always changing and what you find on any given day may be markedly different.
- Free Deposits: TVG charges a flat $5 fee on certain deposit methods but occasionally waives all fees in the lead up to major events such as the Kentucky Derby and Breeders’ Cup
- Refer-a-Friend: This offer has been going for quite some time now and offers $25 for every friend you refer. Each of your friends will also get an extra $25 just for being referred by you.
- $1,000 Bankroll Challenge: This promo ran on an interesting concept: you are given a $1,000 bankroll and must answer 10 questions every Friday and Saturday to see how much you can keep. After you have answered all 10 questions, whatever is left of your starting bankroll is yours to keep.
- Enhanced Payout Bonus: TVG regularly hosts promotions that enhance the payouts of certain wagers. For example, TVG recently awarded a 10% payout bonus to successful trifectas placed on Remington Park races on Saturdays.
Live Video Streaming
TVG offers two variants of live streaming free for all customers.
First, there’s live streaming video from every track that provides its feeds to TVG. This option can be found by logging in at TVG.com or through the mobile app and visiting the racecard of any track. Look for the “watch live” button and you’ll be able to watch every race in real time.
Second, customers can stream the actual TVG and TVG2 channels in HD through the Watch TVG app, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Roku for free. You can download the appropriate app for your device, log in with your existing account information and watch as much TVG HD as you want even if your account balance is zero. If you do not have a TVG account, this service is $9.99 per month.
TVG Greyhound Racing
TVG offers greyhound racing betting, but only for customers located in one of the following states:
Aside from the limited availability, greyhound betting at TVG resembles the horse racing product. You can view upcoming races, sort by track and place all the same wagers offered by those tracks to their in-person customers. Live greyhound racing video is also available.
TVG Mobile Betting App
TVG offers mobile betting for iOS, Android and tablet users.
iOS users can visit TVG.com for a link to the official download or search the App Store for “TVG.” The mobile app works much like the desktop version with full functionality intact. This includes access to all the same tracks and wagers along with live racing video.
Android users can bet online by visiting TVG.com for a mobile-friendly version of the website. TVG does not offer a dedicated mobile app due to a Google policy that does not allow gambling or betting apps on the Play Store.
Mobile users from New Jersey can visit 4NJBets.com to bet online from any Android device or search the app store for 4NJBets.
Mobile Betting Screenshots
TVG Customer Support
TVG’s support center page is a hub to answer the majority of your most common questions. In the support center you can learn about wagering, managing your account, customer resources, funding, promotions, technical assistance, and more. TVG also offers a live chat function in the support center.
- Mail: 19545 N.W. Von Neumann Drive, Suite 210, Beaverton, OR
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone #: 1-800-522-4700
- Wager Hotline: 1-888-TVG-Wager (884-9243)
- Live Chat
TVG Payment Methods
TVG accepts payment methods that should cover most users’ needs. There are options to deposit via credit and debit card, online banking and even in-person cash deposits. Some deposit methods are processed free of charge, but many come with a $5 fee.
|BetCash||ACH / eCheck||Free|
|Debit and Credit Card||Most major credit card brands||$5|
|TVG Prepaid Card||Sign up online to pay instantly, receive a physical card in the mail later for cash ATM withdrawals and purchases anywhere Discover is accepted||$5|
|Green Dot MoneyPak||Cash-based method with deposits made in-person at locations such as CVS and Walgreens||Free|
|PayNearMe||Similar to Green Dot – deposit with cash at a nearby 7-Eleven, CVS or Family Dollar||Free|
|PayPal||Instant online deposits with your PayPal account||$5|
|Wire Transfer||Bank-to-bank wire transfer||$15 for deposits under $1,000|
|Deposit at the Track||In-person deposits available at select tracks and OTBs in CA, IL, IA, KY, MA, NJ and WA||Free|
|Money Order / Check||Mail to:
PO Box 22113
Tulsa, OK 74121
Cashing out of TVG is a simple matter of logging in, visiting the cashier and selecting a withdrawal method. As is the case for deposit options, some methods are free and other come with a fee.
|Withdrawal Method||Processing Time||Fee|
|Visa Debit Withdrawal||24 hours||Free|
|BetCash (ACH / eCheck)||2-5 days||Free|
|TVG Prepaid Card||24-30 hours||Varies|
|Wire Transfer||Same day or 1 business day||$15|
|Check by Mail||7-10 business days||Free|
|Cash Withdrawal at Track||Same day||Free|
|Overnight Check||2-4 days||$40|
TVG Accepted States
TVG adheres to all state laws and therefore only offers its services to residents of states in which it holds a license or otherwise interprets existing law to allow advance deposit wagering (ADW).
As a part of the new customer signup process, TVG.com will attempt to verify your location by asking for your address, scanning your IP and other methods to ensure you are where you say you are.
The TVG app will also ask mobile users to allow access to your location information. It is mandatory to grant access when it is asked in order to place wagers with TVG.
TVG.com accepts customers from the following states:
|New Jersey**||New Mexico||New York|
|Pennsylvania***||Rhode Island||South Dakota|
*Arizona customers may use TVG to view the odds and open an account, but state law requires all customers to call the TVG wagering hotline to place wagers.
**New Jersey customers will be redirected to 4NJBets, which is the sole authorized provider of online horse wagering in NJ. TVG was selected to run 4NJBets in 2013 and offers a nearly identical experience.
***Pennsylvania residents will be redirected to pabets.tvg.com to bet online and can search the App Store for “PABets” to download the official iOS app.