Chumba Casino is a social online casino based on a sweepstakes model that provides players the chance to win real cash prizes.
Please note: USGambling.com has serious reservations about the legality and long term safety of player funds at Chumba Casino. At this time we cannot recommend players deposit or play at Chumba Casino.
The unique sweepstakes model upon which it is based gives Chumba Casino the ability to operate in 49 states for customers 18 or older. Washington State residents will have to look elsewhere, but Chumba Casino is open to players across the rest of the USA.
In most states, Chumba Casino offers the next best thing to full-fledged online gambling. The ability to win Sweeps Coins that can be redeemed for (sometimes quite substantial) cash prizes makes Chumba Casino an attractive alternative for players in states that do not regulate online casinos.
- Available in: 49 states (Washington State excluded)
- Licensed by: Malta Gaming Authority (view license)
- Casino games offered: Slots, blackjack, roulette and video poker
How Chumba Casino Works
What makes Chumba Casino unique among US gambling sites is players do not simply deposit their cash and gamble online. Chumba Casino hosts two different types of games: some that are played with Gold Coins and some that are played with Sweeps Coins.
Gold Coins cannot be redeemed for cash or transferred. They are simply used to participate in play-money games for fun and bragging rights. Rather than making a deposit and playing for cash, Chumba Casino customers purchase packages of Gold Coins to participate in social games.
Sweeps Coins are different in that they can be redeemed for cash. Casino players who participate in Sweeps Coins games and win can redeem those coins for real cash prizes, sometimes for very large sums of money.
There are three main convenient methods to acquire Sweeps Coins at Chumba Casino:
- As free bonuses when purchasing Gold Coins: Players may receive Sweeps Coins as a bonus when purchasing Gold Coins. When logging in and making a Gold Coins purchase, players will see how many Gold Coins they will receive as a bonus for that purchase
- Earn Sweeps Coins by participating in contests: Chumba Casino often hosts Sweeps Coins giveaways on the official Facebook page, often awarded as prizes for answering trivia questions
- Daily Sweeps Coins bonuses: Chumba Casino players can log in to their accounts once a day and if they are eligible for a Sweeps Coins bonus, they will be notified that they can claim their free Sweeps Coins
Free Sweeps Coins by Mail Request
Additionally, players may request free Sweeps Coins by mail because Chumba Casino operates on a sweepstakes model, complete with the “no purchase necessary” clause attached to most sweepstakes.
Players can send a letter by mail inside a stamped #10 envelope to Chumba Casino at the following addresses to request free Sweeps Coins
In the USA:
VGW Games Limited
Chumba Casino Sweepstakes Department
PO BOX #8486
Portsmouth, NH 03801
VGW Games Limited
Chumba Casino Sweepstakes Department
PO BOX #990
135 West Beaver Creek Road
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 4R7
To qualify, players must hand write their hand address on the front of the envelope and write the words “Sweepstakes Credits.” On a 4” x 6” post card or piece of paper of the same size inside, include their full name, e-mail address connected to their Chumba Casino account and include the following statement:
“I wish to receive Sweeps Coins to participate in the sweepstakes promotions offered by Chumba Casino. By submitting this request, I hereby declare that I have read, understood and agree to be bound by Chumba Casino’s Terms and Conditions and Sweeps Rules.”
Chumba Casino Bonus
Chumba Casino hosts a variety of bonuses and promotions that players can leverage for free Sweeps Coins. Upon signing up, new players are welcomed with a no-deposit registration bonus and invited to make a first deposit for an additional bonus of 40 Sweeps Coins.
No-Deposit Registration Bonus
Begin with 2,200,000 Gold Coins and 2 free Sweeps Coins. This plus daily bonuses result in players often being able to start with 3 or more Sweeps Coins that can be used to play games and win additional Sweeps Coins (which may be redeemed for real cash prizes).
First time deposit bonus: 40 Free Sweeps Coins
Upon logging in for the first time, new players are welcomed with a one-time offer to spend $10 on 5,000,000 Gold Coins and get an additional 40 free Sweeps Coins.
Game Selection Review
Chumba Casino hosts 79 games, with the majority of those being slots. Blackjack, roulette and video poker are also on offer to provide a standard selection of games. This is well short of some of the bigger online casinos available in regulated states, but the game variety here covers all the classic casino staples.
Chumba Casino Slots
Slots are offered in a variety of shapes, sizes and themes. Players will find large progressive games with jackpots that occasionally exceed 1 million Sweeps Coins, which if won, would give players enough Sweeps Coins to redeem a payout worth more than $1 million.
Slot themes run the gamut from standard ancient Egypt and Lucky 7 variations that can be found at most casinos to quirky titles featuring themes such as “Gustavo: El Luchador.” Overall, the variety is adequate for a casino that is definitely on the smaller side in terms of game selection.
Chumba Casino Roulette
The lone roulette game is of the American variety, also known as double-zero roulette, which typically features a house advantage of 5.26%. European roulette (single zero roulette) would be a significant improvement as it has roughly half the house advantage at 2.70%.
Chumba Casino Blackjack
Chumba Casino blackjack features a better ruleset for players by comparison, with blackjacks paying 3:2 and the dealer standing on all 17s – which is better for the player than the dealing hitting on soft 17s.
Chumba Casino Video Poker
The one video poker game at Chumba Casino is Jacks or Better. Players can wager 1 to 5 Sweeps Coins per hand, with payouts that range from 1 Sweeps Coin at the low end for a pair of jacks to 4,000 Sweeps Coins at the high end for a Royal Flush.
Graphics and Interface Review
Chumba Casino is a sleek product wrapped in a not-so-pretty package. Upon logging in, players are taken to a game lobby that looks badly outdated and poorly organized. The games are presented in no particular order, with blackjack, roulette and video poker inserted randomly among the other types of games.
Finding any individual game is an exercise in patience, but the experience improves dramatically once an individual game is launched. Each game features modern graphics, smooth animations and the occasional bonus feature to provide an experience that is much more engaging than the lobby would suggest.
Chumba Casino Mobile App
Chumba Casino operates on a responsive website that is by default compatible with all major mobile devices, including iOS and Android, with no download necessary. Mobile users need only point their browser to ChumbaCasino.com and log in as necessary to play while mobile.
The mobile interface is adequate, but some players may find it annoying that the casino requires users to rotate their phone to landscape mode in order to play. Aside from that, the games are largely the same when played via mobile as they are on the full desktop experience. Graphics, features and game variety are all maintained when playing via mobile.
Chumba Casino issues free Gold Coins and Sweeps Coins to players on a regular basis, but those wanting to get back to gaming faster may purchase Gold Coins packages using a variety a purchasing methods.
All Gold Coins purchases also trigger free Sweeps Coins bonuses that can be used in Sweeps Coins games to win additional Sweeps Coins that may be redeemed for real cash prizes.
Currently, purchase methods at Chumba Casino include:
- Credit cards and debit cards: Chumba Casino accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express
- Skrill: Skrill is an e-wallet that can be used to securely hold funds online, make purchases and receive payments
- Instant ACH: Customers may choose this method to make an instant purchase via electronic banking
- Paysafecard: Players with cash to spend may select this option to purchase a Paysafecard gift card in-person at a local retailer, pay with cash and then redeem it online to purchase Gold Coins
Redeeming Sweeps Coins
Players who win Sweeps Coins while playing at Chumba Casino may redeem them for real cash prizes at a rate of $1 per Sweeps Coin. However, it is important to note redemptions may only be made once a player’s Sweeps Coins balance has reached a minimum of SC 100.
Once a player has a balance of at least SC 100, he or she may redeem them for cash prizes via Visa card, instant ACH or Skrill.
Note: Players must verify their identities prior to their first redemption. It is a good idea to complete the account verification process early so that there are no delays when redeeming Sweeps Coins later.
The account verification process has each player upload a government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, state or national ID or passport), proof of residential address (copy of a utility bill or bank statement) and a bank statement dated within the last three months.
Redemptions are typically processed within 3-5 business days.
Chumba Casino’s support options are rather limited with the only contact method being an e-mail form that players can fill out to request help for any questions. However, Chumba Casino does provide an extensive FAQ database that can be used to solve many issues without needing to contact anyone.
Does Chumba Casino Hold a Gaming License?
Yes. Chumba Casino is licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority, a well-known online gaming licensing jurisdiction. Many large, international gaming brands hold MGA licenses, including the likes of Bet365, and Betway.
Chumba Casino supports responsible gaming and provides several tools to help customers keep their players under control or to self-exclude entirely.
- Maximum purchase limit: Set a maximum amount that may be spent (in dollars) on Gold Coins packages per day, week or month
- Playing hours limit: Set a maximum number of hours the player may play at Chumba Casino per day, week or month
- Maximum bet amount limit: Set a maximum total amount that may be wagered in any single day, week or month
- Loss limit: Set a limit on the total amount that may be lost during any single day, week or month – after which the player will be restricted from playing for the remainder of that period
- Time out period: Players may restrict themselves from playing for 24 hours, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days or 180 days
- Indefinite self-exclusion: Players may exclude themselves from playing indefinitely. Choosing this option will result in the account being closed for a minimum of one week. Players who change their mind may send a written request for consideration